What a year it has been for all of us. Due to the ongoing pandemic, we all had to change and adapt how we work and go about our daily lives. As a result, cloud technology and adoption have grown at unprecedented rates since the previous year. With many businesses becoming even more digitally-focused now than ever before, the overwhelming need for cloud services and expertise has increased exponentially. In response to this influx of demand, Mission has expanded its capabilities and products to better support and service all our amazing current and future customers.
As this year draws to a close, we would like to thank you for choosing and trusting us to be your AWS managed cloud service provider and invite you to read on in reflection of all the notable accomplishments that we have achieved together in 2021.
Best of 2021
World-Class NPS of 80+ for Second Consecutive Year
Referred to as the gold standard in gauging customer service and experience, the Net Promoter Score (NPS) is a metric (ranging from -100 to 100) used to measure customer loyalty and satisfaction by asking customers how likely they are to recommend a product or service to others on a scale from 0 to 10. According to global NPS standards, a score above 0 is ‘good,’ a score of 50+ is ‘excellent,’ and an NPS of 70+ is considered ‘world-class.’
Mission Cloud Services Achieves Net Promoter Score (NPS) of 80+ for a Second Year on the Strength of Consistent Customer Satisfaction Read More.
We are 200+ Strong
Mission has undergone immense growth in 2021, with over 170 new team members joining the company this year. This growth allows us to bring new ideas, increase our workforce's skill set and knowledge base, and better serve our valued customers.
Mission is committed to ongoing improvement and keeping pace with the latest cloud trends and technologies to develop new products and services that work towards creating the best AWS cloud environment for your business. Listed are all the new services and service updates we’ve introduced in 2021.
- Mission Cloud Elevate - Mission Launches Mission Cloud Elevate to Revolutionize How Businesses Can Scale Engineering Resources and Accelerate Their Cloud Goals on AWS
- Mission Cloud Care - High-Touch Guidance For Your AWS Environment & Operations
- Mission Cloud Secure - Managed Cloud Security Solution with 24/7 Threat Detection and Incident Response
- Mission Cloud One - Initially launched as a managed cloud service for AWS operations and optimization, we introduced security monitoring via Alert Logic
- Mission Cloud Foundation - Addition of Alert Logic Essentials security checks and alerts
- Data Analytics & Machine Learning - Mission Launches Data, Analytics, & Machine Learning Practice for Businesses on AWS
AWS Competencies & Service Delivery Designations
AWS Competencies and Service Delivery Designations validate and promote AWS Partners with demonstrated deep technical knowledge, experience, and proven success in delivering AWS services. They showcase our capabilities in specialized areas across industries, use cases, and workloads. Below are the ones that we attained this year.
- Amazon Redshift - Mission Achieves the AWS Service Delivery Designation for Amazon Redshift
- AWS Level 1 MSSP - Mission Achieves AWS Level 1 Managed Security Service Provider Competency Status
Certifications represent Mission's ongoing commitment to our proficiency and profound understanding of your cloud environment and demonstrate our ability to adhere to industry best practices and standards
- ISO 27001 - Mission Achieves ISO 27001:2013 Certification
We take our job in providing the best expertise, resources, and strategic insight you need to transform your cloud infrastructure and your business seriously. Here, we are proud to share some of the accolades we have earned this year that help establish Mission Cloud Services as a leader in the managed cloud services for AWS.
- CloudHealth - Partner of the Year
- CRN - Solution Provider 500 List
- Los Angeles Business Journal - Best Places to Work in Los Angeles
- Channel Partner Insight - Best Employer to Work For
- Los Angeles Business Journal - First Place in 100 Best Places to Work in Los Angeles among Mid-Sized Companies
- CRN - Fast Growth Recognition
- Channel Partner Insight - Security Innovation and Customer Satisfaction Award
This Year's Mother of All Events - AWS re:Invent 2021
We went BIG at this year's AWS re:Invent! In addition to returning as an in-person event, it was also the conference's 10th anniversary. For the occasion, Mission hosted two over-the-top exclusive after-hours events (Topgolf Las Vegas and Mission IGNITE at Drai's) and loaded up our booth with amazing swag that we raffled out daily. This year’s conference was a massive success for Mission, and we can't wait to do it again in an even bigger fashion next year. Until then, check out the highlights of what went down at re:Invent 2021.
- Press Release - Mission Cloud Services Showcasing New Managed Solutions at AWS re:Invent 2021
- Mission IGNITE
- Mission Topgolf
- Mission Booth and Swag
- AWS re:Invent Recaps
- AWS re:Invent 2021 Rewind by Jake Malmad, Mission's Cloud Architect and APN Ambassador
- The Serverless Revolution Takes Analytics by Amber Runnels, Mission's Big Data Architect and APN Ambassador
- Data Analytics & Machine Learning Recap - Ryan Ries
Listed below are the virtual events that we'd like to take a moment to highlight for this year. All of them are available on-demand and accessible for you to watch in the videos section of our website.
- Cloud Security and Changing the World
- AWS Glue and Avoiding Rookie Mistakes
- Best Practice for Amazon Redshift
Whether it's AWS product and service updates, cloud management insights, technical deep dives, cloud-native solutions, third-party perspectives, or tech demos that you are looking for, chances are you will find it in our blog. The following is a list of well-received blog articles for 2021.
- The Top 10 Security Tools for Your AWS Environment
- Get Started With Amazon Redshift Stored Procedures
- Amazon Redshift vs Snowflake: Everything You Need to Know
- Avoiding Rookie Mistakes when using AWS Glue
- How to Simplify Machine Learning with Amazon Redshift
Don't see what you are looking for on our blog page? Contact us to suggest a topic you'd like us to write about here.
Our case studies not only allow us to demonstrate the measurable and proven value of our products and services but also feature honest testimonials of Mission customers. Below are a few that we’d like to share with you.
- RallyUp - RallyUp Optimizes Infrastructure Performance And Reduces AWS Costs By Tapping Into Mission Cloud Expertise
- 7SIGNAL - 7SIGNAL Solves Data Performance Limitations By Building A New Architecture With Mission And AWS
- Driven - Driven Slices $80K A Month Off Its AWS Bill With Mission-Led Cost Optimization
- JibJab - Mission’s AWS Machine Learning Expertise Helps JibJab Launch Brand New Product Line
We've saved some of our personal best 2021 moments for last.
- We joined the AWS APN Ambassador Program with four new APN Ambassadors.
- We launched Mission's AWS Certification Sponsorship Program and sponsored 14 students to get their AWS certification as part of our Cloud Literacy Commitment.
- We had 27 internal ‘Evolutions’ (filled open positions or promoted)
- Team members achieved 51 new AWS certifications, contributing to our goal to be 100% certified across all departments.
- We have hired team members in 16 states and 4 countries outside the U.S. (Brazil, Uruguay, Canada, Philippines).
- We have an average eNPS (employee net promoter score) of 80 (counting Q1-Q3).
- We have achieved the 1st of our 8 diversity goals with 57% of our technical team comprised of people of color.
- We've built a highly skilled and experienced internal IT team this year that we will continue to hire and grow.
- We improved our talent acquisition process by empowering our Values Advisory Committee to conduct Cultural Alignment interviews.
That about wraps it up for another exciting year for Mission, and we couldn't have done it without your support. With that, we'd like to wish you and your families (both at work and home) a safe and joyful holiday season. See you in 2022!